This data protection policy (“Policy”) will explain how our organisation uses the personal data we collect from you when you use our website.
By using our website, you are automatically accepting the terms described in this Policy. If you do not agree to these terms, please do not use the website.
We reserve the right to modify or amend this Policy from time to time without notice. Your continued use of our website following the posting of those changes means you are automatically accepting them, including changes affecting information collected prior to the date of the change. If you do not want to be bound by the amended Policy, immediately cease using it.
MAVA Foundation respects your privacy
The protection of your privacy when processing personal data as well as the security of all personal data are important to us. With this data protection policy, we inform you about which data we process from you, what we need this data for and how you can oppose to the data processing.
We collect, process and store personal data (including IP addresses) only in accordance with the statutory provisions or if you have given us your consent, for example in the course of registration.
This Policy regulates the obligations of the MAVA Foundation when we process your personal data in accordance with the Swiss Data Protection Act (“FDPA”) and the European Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) in the current version (FDPA and FDPAVO together “Data Protection Legislation”).
The Data Protection Legislation defines “personal data” as any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural or legal person, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural or legal person. This Policy sets out the procedures that the MAVA Foundation must follow when processing personal data. The MAVA Foundation must comply with the procedures and principles set out here at all times.
Legal basis for data processing
The MAVA Foundation processes personal data to fulfil its obligations arising from the legal or contractual relationship with you, for the purpose of other justified interests or to fulfil a legal obligation imposed on the MAVA Foundation in connection with relevant applicable law.
What personal data do we collect?
We only collect personal data that is related to our relationship with you. The personal data we collect includes in particular your contact details such as name, telephone number, address or email address as well as other information.
How do we collect personal data?
As a rule, we collect personal data in the following cases: When you visit our website; when you communicate directly with us; or when you give us your personal data for other reasons. In all cases, we process your personal data exclusively for the purpose intended and recognisable to you.
How do we process the personal data?
- handled lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a way incompatible with those purposes;
- adequate and relevant to the purpose and limited to what is necessary for the purposes of the processing;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; all reasonable steps shall be taken to ensure that personal data which are inaccurate as to the purposes for which they are processed are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
- processed in such a way as to ensure adequate security of personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or deterioration by appropriate technical or organisational measures.
Which data are processed when using our Internet pages?
In principle, you can visit our Internet pages without having to provide personal information. When you visit our Internet pages, our servers temporarily save each access in a log file. The following technical data is recorded and stored by us until automatic deletion after seven months at the latest:
- IP address of the requesting computer
- Date and time of access
- Internet page from which the access was made, if applicable with the search term used
- Name and URL of the retrieved file
- Executed searches
- The operating system of your computer (provided by the User Agent)
- Browser you use (provided by the user agent)
- Device type in case of access by mobile phones
- Used transmission protocol
The collection and processing of this data serves the purpose of system security and stability and for error and performance analysis as well as for internal statistical purposes and enables us to optimise our Internet offer. The IP address is also used to preset the language of the website.
What are cookies and when are they used?
What rights do you have in relation to your personal data?
In relation to your personal data you have the following rights:
- You can request information about your stored personal data.
- You can demand that your personal data be corrected, supplemented, blocked or deleted.
- If you have given us permission to process your data, you can revoke this permission at any time with effect for the future.
To exercise your rights, an email is sufficient. See the contact section.
We use appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data stored with us against manipulation, partial or complete loss and against unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
Revocation of consent
If the processing of personal data is based on consent, you have the right to revoke this consent at any time by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicable law and place of jurisdiction
Any disputes or claims between you and the MAVA Foundation are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Lausanne, in Switzerland.
Privacy policies of other websites
If you have any questions about your rights in relation to your personal data or any other related questions, please do not hesitate to contact us. Email us at: email@example.com