Leaders in the conservation and sustainability sectors are at the vanguard of tackling today’s most pressing social and environmental challenges. The need for leadership development that helps them pioneer and deliver the solutions we need is only growing. – André Hoffmann, MAVA President
MAVA Leaders for Nature Academy
The MAVA Leaders for Nature Academy, has been specifically designed for MAVA partners, to combine leadership development with inter-generational exchange. It equipped the participants to lead more effectively within and beyond the organisations. Participants were able to:
- Raise their awareness of leading self and impact on others
- Develop greater inter-generational understanding and cooperation
- Enhance their ability to Lead Beyond Authority – increasing their ability to lead and collaborate across boundaries
- Experience the power and potential of mentoring which supports long term personal and professional growth
- Stretch their problem-solving and creative skills – by being exposed to a new approach to innovation
- Grow new networks – by connecting with diverse participants, contributors and speakers
- Explore how to apply what they have learned to their own leadership and in their organization.
This academy was for both senior and young professionals from all MAVA direct and indirect partners, meaning any organisation that receives directly or indirectly funds from MAVA to implement their work. For more information, check out the Academy page here.
Programme MAVA Leaders pour la Nature
Following the success of the MAVA Leaders for Nature Academy, we launched a new leadership programme in French, specifically designed for our partners in the Mediterranean Basin and West Africa. This programme is an adapted shorter version of the Academy. Over a period of 6 months, it offers the opportunity for leadership development with a new focus on communication instead of mentoring. Participants were able to:
- Raise their self-awareness by developing a greater understanding of Cultural Intelligence and how this relates to building quality relationships with others.
- Learn self-care practices to sustain your energy and meet the demands of busy work environments.
- Gain insight into systems thinking to enhance your ability to Lead Beyond Authority and create a wider positive impact beyond your role.
- Improve your ability to build trust, engage stakeholders and covey compelling messages through the science and art of communication.
- Grow new networks – by connecting with diverse participants, contributors and speakers.
The MAVA Leaders for Nature Programme was for French-speaking professionals (minimum 3 years and maximum 20 years of professional experience) from MAVA’s direct and indirect partner organisations in the Mediterranean Basin (outside the European Union) and West Africa.
It was run in 2021 by Common Purpose, a worldwide recognised organisation in leadership development.
For more information, check out the Programme page (in French) here.
Academy & Programme Alumni
The Academy has six cohorts; four already graduated (three English speaking and one French speaking), and the two final ones are ongoing.
The Programme has one ongoing cohort (French) which graduated in October 2021.