Building a strong conservation community has always been core to MAVA’s approach. Leaders that can carry on and multiply efficient and innovative initiatives, long after MAVA’s closing, are a key component of this community.
Programme MAVA Leaders pour la Nature
Following the success of the MAVA Leaders for Nature Academy, we are launching a new leadership programme in French, specifically designed for our partners in the Mediterranean Basin and West Africa. This programme is an adapted shorter version of the Academy. Over a period of 6 months, it offers the opportunity for leadership development with a new focus on communication instead of mentoring. Participants will:
- Raise their self-awareness by developing a greater understanding of Cultural Intelligence and how this relates to building quality relationships with others.
- Learn self-care practices to sustain your energy and meet the demands of busy work environments.
- Gain insight into systems thinking to enhance your ability to Lead Beyond Authority and create a wider positive impact beyond your role.
- Improve your ability to build trust, engage stakeholders and covey compelling messages through the science and art of communication.
- Grow new networks – by connecting with diverse participants, contributors and speakers.
The MAVA Leaders for Nature Programme is for French-speaking professionals (minimum 3 years and maximum 20 years of professional experience) from MAVA’s direct and indirect partner organisations in the Mediterranean Basin (outside the European Union) and West Africa.
It is run by Common Purpose, a worldwide recognised organisation in leadership development. Since 2018, we have been successfully collaborating together, with Mowgli Mentoring, for our renowned MAVA Leaders for Nature Academy.
For more information and applying, check out the Programme page (in French) here.
Applications will close on Thursday, 28 January 2021 at midnight GMT (UTC).
Join us on Tuesday, 19 January 2021, 10h-11h GMT (UTC) to have your questions answered and to find out more on how to make a successful application. Click here to register.
MAVA Leaders for Nature Academy
The MAVA Leaders for Nature Academy, has been specifically designed for MAVA partners, to combine leadership development with inter-generational exchange. It equips the participants to lead more effectively within and beyond the organisations. Participants will:
- Raise their awareness of leading self and impact on others
- Develop greater inter-generational understanding and cooperation
- Enhance their ability to Lead Beyond Authority – increasing their ability to lead and collaborate across boundaries
- Experience the power and potential of mentoring which supports long term personal and professional growth
- Stretch their problem-solving and creative skills – by being exposed to a new approach to innovation
- Grow new networks – by connecting with diverse participants, contributors and speakers
- Explore how to apply what they have learned to their own leadership and in their organization.
This academy is for both senior and young professionals from all MAVA direct and indirect partners, meaning any organisation that receives directly or indirectly funds from MAVA to implement their work.
For more information, check out the Academy page here.
Below is a short film in which Djibril Diallo, Executive Director of the NGO Nature Mauritanie shares his experience at the MAVA Leaders for Nature Academy in 2019. For more insights, you can watch this video with other testimonies from participants and read this blog article.
The Academy has four cohorts; two already graduated (one English speaking and one French speaking), one is ongoing (English speaking) and a fourth and final (English speaking) cohort is expected to officially begin in January 2021.