Building a strong conservation community has always been core to MAVA’s approach. Leaders that can carry on and multiply efficient and innovative initiatives, long after MAVA’s closing, are a key component of this community.
MAVA Leaders for Nature Academy
This programme – MAVA Leaders for Nature Academy, has been specifically designed for MAVA partners, to combine leadership development with inter-generational exchange. It equips the participants to lead more effectively within and beyond the organisations. Participants will:
- Increase their ability to lead and collaborate across boundaries
- Stretch their analytical and creative skills – by being exposed to a new approach to innovation
- Grow new networks – by connecting with diverse participants, contributors and speakers
- Explore how to apply what they have learned to their own leadership and in their organisation
- Develop greater inter-generational understanding and cooperation
Two cohorts of 30 participants each have already benefited from the Academy in 2018 and in 2019. A third one just started its leadership journey and will be graduating by October 2020. A fourth and last English speaking edition will take place in 2020/21.
This academy is for both senior and young professionals from all MAVA direct and indirect partners, meaning any organisation that receives directly or indirectly funds from MAVA to implement their work.
The next (and last) edition will be held in English. Applications will open on 7 May 2020. For more information, check out the Academy page here.
Why should you apply? Below is a short film in which Djibril Diallo, Executive Director of the NGO Nature Mauritanie shares his experience at the MAVA Leaders for Nature Academy in 2019. For more insights, you can watch this video with other testimonies from participants and read this blog article.
The Academy aims to develop leaders who can bring about positive change both within and across partner organizations to increase their sustainability and impact.